Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Abandonment: Boron Air Force Station

Boron In Monochrome - Boron, California
On my "other" blog I have a post entitled The Man Who Came Back. Very recently I was that man who came back. I made another visit to the abandoned Boron Air Force Station in the Mojave Desert near Boron, California. The purpose of this visit was to get a couple more photographs for an upcoming article about the old base that will published in a magazine.

The old base and prison are in worse shape than I found it in November of 2013. It's being worn and vandalized at a fast pace. If you've been considering a trip to see the place, I would suggest going sooner than later.

Anyway, check out the original post on my other photography blog if you've never seen it (it's actually a five-part series). Also related is my post on the abandoned military housing on old George Air Force Base. Oh, and stay tuned for an announcement on that magazine article I mention at the top of this post.

These images were captured using a Nikon D3300 DSLR with a Nikkor 55-200mm AF-S DX f/4-5.6G ED lens. Be sure to follow this blog by typing your e-mail address in the "Follow by Email" bar on the right. Additionally, you can follow me on Facebook and Flickr.
From Darkness - Boron, California
Mockingjay - Boron, California
Oh, Well - Boron, California
Forgotten Boron - Boron, California
Old Dormitories - Boron, California
RADAR - Boron, California
The Turned Table - Boron, California
Broken Exit - Boron, California
Abandoned Tanks - Boron, California
The Boron Base - Boron, California
Razor Fence - Boron, California
The Old Boron Housing - Boron, California
Colorful Open Door - Boron, California
Mule Mural - Boron, California
Department of Justice - Boron, California

No comments:

Post a Comment