Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Abandonment: Small Ranch - Rosamond, California

Lake Front Property - Rosamond, California
On January 9th I published a post called Top 10 Best Urban Exploration Sites In California's Mojave Desert. Listed at #10 is a small ranch near Rosamond.

I hadn't stopped by that ranch since my initial visit in October of 2013. I've passed by it hundreds of times since then, but just kept on driving. Finally, on January 16th, I decided to once again visit the abandoned place.

It was obvious right away that in the year-and-a-half since my first visit vandals and nature have taken their toll on the place. It isn't in the same condition that I remember. Yet, at the same time, as much changed, even more stayed the same. Many things were exactly as I had last seen them.
Classic Television Set - Rosamond, California
I like going back to places that I once visited. I see it as a chance to create different and perhaps better photographs. I think with each place that I visit I leave behind some good images, and perhaps I didn't do my absolute best with each photograph. There is a redeeming quality found in returning.

I also ventured a little more around the property. I was surprised to find an old boat sitting in the desert. I also stumbled on an old hot tub. These are things I didn't find before, I think because I didn't look.

I used a Nikon D3300 DSLR to capture these images. I post-processed them using Alien Skin Exposure 7 software.
Color Lid - Rosamond, California
Reading Chair - Rosamond, California
Wall Shadows - Rosamond, California
Tired Old Building - Rosamond, California
Full of Junk - Rosamond, California
What I Learned In Oklahoma - Rosamond, California
Soundcraft - Rosamond, California
Young California Pioneer - Rosamond, California
To The Reader - Rosamond, California 
Old Chair, Broken - Rosamond, California
Vintage Abandoned Ranch - Rosamond, California
Hot Tub - Rosamond, California
This Was My Grandparents - Rosamond, California
Light's Out - Tehachapi, California

No comments:

Post a Comment