Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Abandonment: Industry - Amarillo, Texas

Rusted Wall - Amarillo, Texas
I have a railroad gallery on my website. Last week I realized that there weren't enough images in the gallery, so I dug deep through my hard drive to find some photographs to add to it. In the process I discovered a handful of forgotten urban exploration images.

These photographs were captured on October 26, 2012. I was returning home from a trip to Texas. I had spent the night at a hotel in Amarillo. Across a field from the hotel were a couple of abandoned structures. The next morning, after loading up the car, I walked over to the structures with a camera. These industrial buildings had been used for agricultural purposes, and I think the operation may have been loading trucks for shipment.
Vines & Lines - Amarillo, Texas
At the time I was nervous to enter structures like this, so I let my fear get the best of me and I stayed on the outside of the buildings--Fairbanks-Morse Scale was captured through a window. Looking back I think I left several good photographs behind by not entering the structures.

These photographs have been sitting on a hard drive for two-and-a-half years unedited. Well, they were in-camera JPEGs, but I didn't do any further post-processing until this last weekend. I used a Pentax K-30 DSLR with a kit 18-55mm lens to capture them.
Fairbanks-Morse Scale - Amarillo, Texas
Window Shattered - Amarillo, Texas
Corrugated View - Amarillo, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment