Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Don't Wait To Explore & Photograph

1956 Chevy Bel Air At Cameron's Dairy - Tehachapi, California
I drove by the abandoned and burnt Cameron Dairy Ranch today and I noticed that the rusted 1956 Chevy Bel Air was gone. I photographed this place back in January. The classic car was there then, and now it's gone.

Cameron's Dairy is a place that I'd wanted to photograph for some time. I'd hesitated because I had read in a local newspaper that the property owner was planning to crack down on trespassers. So I waited. And waited. I waited years.

One morning before sunrise I decided to explore and photograph the place. It was quite fascinating! I'm glad that I finally decided to stop in. If I had waited four months longer I wouldn't have been able to capture the photograph above. That image is one of my favorites, and it also was published in a magazine.

So don't hesitate. Whatever place you've been thinking about exploring and photographing, go ahead and do it. Be careful, for sure, but make sure you do it before it's too late. Don't let fear get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment