Friday, May 1, 2015

What Cameras Were Used

On A Brighter Day - Tehachapi, California
I get asked sometimes what cameras I use. People assume that I have a whole bunch of high-end gear. They're usually surprised when I tell them what equipment was used to capture certain images.

Interestingly, of the photographs that are currently in the Abandonment gallery on my website, the majority were captured using a Nikon D3300. The D3300 is Nikon's least expensive and most "entry level" DSLR. In fact, it might just be the cheapest DSLR on the market. 27 of the photographs in that gallery were captured using my D3300.

19 of the photographs in the Abandonment gallery were captured using a Sigma DP2 Merrill. Again, this is a camera that's surprisingly affordable (and surprisingly quirky).

One image was captured with a Nokia Lumia 1020, which, as you may know, is a cell phone. And one image was captured using a Samsung NX200 (an inexpensive compact interchangeable lens camera that I used to own a couple years ago).

I have two quick points here. First, your camera doesn't matter. Use what you have to the best of your ability and be careful to avoid camera envy. Second, you should always be improving. You must keep moving forward. More than half of the images in the gallery were captured within the last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment